As an Entrepreneur
Prior to establishing Encore Consulting Group, Inc., John founded ValueSource LLC, a leader in the real estate consulting industry, with over 1,000 clients nationwide. Some of ValueSource’s clients included CB Richard Ellis, Trammell Crow, Isuzu Motors and Good Night Inns. John’s responsibilities included:
- Creating the business concept, building infrastructure and operational logistics
- Identifying revenue opportunities and clarifying market opportunities
- Hiring a marketing team, Analysts and Account Executives
- Leading the executive team in long range vision and strategy
- Designing, implementing and presenting training materials for all personnel
- Developing leadership and management resources for key managers
During his tenure with ValueSource, John was successful in:
- Increasing revenue by 318% from 1997 to 1999
- Attaining #1 ranking in state market share
- Creating a national training division for affiliates
- Forming a national alliance with 6 regional consultants
As an Executive
As Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Protax LLC, John was responsible for sales growth, market expansion and training. John was instrumental in securing over 385 new clients and increasing revenue by 485% during a three-year period. As a result of John’s efforts, Protax is recognized as the largest Property Tax Consulting firm in California with over 2,500 clients.
For over twenty years, John has consulted with several organizations in identifying long term strategy, team building, management/leadership development, coaching, conflict resolution and training.
Fortune 500 Experience
John’s experience with Lanier Worldwide and SBC Communications, both Fortune 500 companies, has given him exposure to most major sectors including financial, manufacturing, service, telecommunications, high-tech and retail.
While at Lanier Worldwide, John was the National Accounts Representative and secured key accounts such as the U.S. Postal Service, Pier 1 Imports and Costco.
At SBC Communications, John was the Regional Product Specialist, responsible for training and developing a sales team of 10. While with SBC Communications, John’s notable clients included Qualcomm, The Sports Arena and the San Diego Humane Society.
Relevant Experiences & Competencies
In previous positions, John has successfully:
- Provided coaching & mentoring for several hundred people.
- Managed multiple staffs in various businesses and non- profit organizations.
- Designed and implemented long-term strategy.
- Trained and developed sales teams.
- Interviewed and hired candidates for key positions.
- Designed training programs for leadership development, management training and sales training.
- Integrated team building strategies into his management approach.
- Produced and hosted an award-winning video series entitled, First Class Customer Service: Getting & Keeping Customers for Life.
Education & Expertise
John received his Bachelor of Arts in 1986 from O.R.U., Tulsa, OK. John speaks nationally on topics related to organizational development, human performance improvement, executive coaching, leadership development and sales strategies. John has been interviewed and published in Entrepreneur Magazine, MSN-bCentral, Seventeen Magazine, Boss Magazine, and The Louisiana Business Journal.
Recently, John’s article, "Are You Ready for the Economic Rebound?" appeared in Boss Magazine, a national publication for business owners and self-employed.