Senior Trainer | Managing Partner
Trushar Mody (known as Mody), is an accomplished business entrepreneur and mentor with over 35 years of experience in the printing, manufacturing, real estate, finance, retail, nonprofit and service industries. He is a thought leader in the field of Emotional Intelligence (EI) as it applies to business success. His WholeisticTM approach to coaching and training recognizes that the most important trait demonstrated by successful people is EI—interpersonal, communication, and management skills grounded in passion, humility, empathy, self-awareness, gratefulness and forgiveness.
Mody’s approach to professional training and consulting not only facilitates the learning and retention of information, it helps clients increase sales and operational efficiencies, as well as improve relationships and reduce stress. He has designed, developed and conducted a broad range of transformative quality professional development training programs (both soft and hard skills) in technical and non-technical courses for both in-house and corporate clients. He is well versed in adult learning theory, learning styles, training methodologies and adult motivation techniques.
With a degree in Accounting and Finance, Mody has completed Chartered Accountancy (India) and CPA (USA) and is well experienced in Cost and Management Accounting. He is a Distinguished Toastmaster available to speak to groups and organizations. He is writing his first book for small and medium businesses teaching the WholeisticTM approach to entrepreneurship.
In addition to his professional endeavors, Mody has conducted boot camps for writers, speakers and business professionals. He has volunteered at the Boys Scout and other youth activities, served professional associations, and nonprofits including the Gandhi Foundation.
His major life accomplishments include:
- Working from age 12, and running his father’s print shop at the age of 17.
- Building a print shop in New York from the ground up, expanding it to three shops and increasing business in the tenth year by nine-fold.
- Establishing in Atlanta, as a franchisee, the first Knowledge Shop; a continuing education facility and training center available to teachers, trainers, and speakers from all of North America and all areas of life.
- Singlehandedly coaching fifth-grade afterschool students through a state-wide Lego Robotics competition. With no background in the field and zero budget, Mody led his team to 13th place in the state, competing against older students through the eighth grade.
- Managing a speakers’ bureau and team of over 100 independent coaches, champions and experts from the USA and Canada.
Not only is Mody highly skilled at developing and delivering content that affects lasting professional change, he is a motivated and empathetic consultant. His passion is helping people live their lives with purpose and without fear. He provokes people to think out of the box and in creative ways. One of his greatest assets is his ability to help clients think in emotionally intelligent ways that lead to greater effectiveness and happiness.