First Time Manager Training
Essential Skills with New Manager Training
This one day workshop is tailored for those who need first time manager training. The training curriculum will launch first time managers to peak performance in motivating, managing, taking charge of projects, and developing their team. This program will train the first time manager or refresh the experienced one. Participants learn how to empower their team, equip other leaders, establish accountability, build trusting relationships, maintain a positive motivational climate, handle conflict, and maintain high morale.
Becoming a first time manager is a challenging career transition. New managers are often chosen because they are high performing individuals. However, without proper training and knowledge of essential management skills, they may not hit the ground running. This one day workshop will help first time managers overcome this challenge.
Request A Quote
Optimal Program Length: 8 hours
Possible Training Topics
- Developing Your Unique Management Style
- The 12 Critical Management Traits
- Nurturing a Positive Work Environment
- Executing Sustainable Results
- Building Trust & Confidence with Others
- Effective Communication Skills
- Active Listening
- Project and Time Management
- Avoiding Fatigue & Burnout
- Developing Operational Protocols
- Delegating & Empowering Others
- Hiring the Best and the Brightest
- Showing Appreciation & Recognition
- Coaching Sub-Par Performers
- Understanding Diverse Personality Styles
- Conducting Performance Appraisals
- Eliminating Team Conflict
- Managing Millennials
- Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Essentials
- Leading an Effective Meeting
- Dealing with Superiors
- Casting Long-Term Goals
This workshop will teach your first time managers to...
- Set goals and expectations for their team
- New manager training gets results
- Establish accountability and ownership within their team
- Build trust in others
- Project and time management basics
- Use their energy wisely (avoiding fatigue and burnout)
- Effectively delegate
- Coach others
- Understand the differences in personality
- Manage conflicts
First time manager training will develop the confidence your new managers need to lead others.
Who Is First Time Manager Training For?
- New manager training is for first time and mid-level managers.
- Team-leaders with less than 3 years experience
- Project managers
- Anyone newly appointed to a leadership role
Questions? Call us today.
Speak With An Encore Trainer Today:
Our Value Proposition
We are a boutique training company and all our training is customized to your specific needs.
Partners in Growth
We aim to be a collaborative & trusted partner in your training initiative, not just a vendor.
Focused on behavior change
Our focus is on providing a behavior changing transformation in your organization.
High Retention Rates
There is a difference between a seminar (canned program without much interaction) and a hands-on customized class. The biggest difference is retention (how much of the training will stick in the long run).
Our method is experiential & hands-on: We SHOW, not just TELL.