Case Study: New York Hotel Funds
In 2018, a 70-year, self-managed, closed end health care organization. was looking for a major training initiative to manage an evolving cultural transition focused on superior customer service both external and internal at all levels for a workforce (around 1000 employees) with a wide range of experience of varied healthcare positions, levels, and departments.
The client was creating a Paradigm shift in the healthcare industry. Instead of patients going to the service providers from department to department, he/she would be stationed in the examination room and service providers would come to them with mobile units. The goal was to get the patients in and out within the hour.
Encore Consulting Group (a boutique executive training firm) has been given an opportunity to propose a customized consultative strategy for this initiative.
- Get the staff ready for a customer centric approach with change management training
- Provide an intervention to enhance customers experience
- Be a catalyst and a Partner in the paradigm shift to a Customer Centric approach
- Assist in moving the culture to a greater degree of excellence
- Be the Pioneers in this initiative
- Demonstrate Leaders in Innovation
- Design a Bold Initiative Beyond Comparison
- Drive a Pro-active Leadership
- Be an advocate for the Cultural Shift
- Have a Top-down Initiative
Discovery and needs analysis. Have a high-level executive retreat to align overall objectives. Conduct Pre-Training onsite analysis to discover the training needs. Review of the Surveys provided to us by the Management.Preparation
Prepare customized, adaptive training sessions based on the findings from the assessments, interviews, and observations. Include interactive elements that reflect real scenarios.Delivery
Deliver a series of one-day live onsite training programs for all Employees.Followup
Multi-dimensional follow up activities to sustain the training and make it stick.
- Post training interactive and animated Group Webinars
- Individual Support where needed
- Coaching for Supervisors to keep up the momentum
- Training Ambassadors to be local coaches
- Periodic Reinforcement Training
The training went as planned. There was good energy and engagement during the training. A report was submitted to management with our observations, comments and concrete suggestions. At the end of the training, we summarized the scores given by 1020 trainees and received an average score of 4.77 out of 5. The Customer satisfaction survey improved from 91.4 to 96.5%, a jump of more than 5 points.
The long-term effect is still being felt and staff members are putting the learnings to use every day.